Carenado PA-28-181 ARCHER II for FSX
- external dynamic shadows
- internal dynamic shadows on VC
- volumetric normal mapping
- specular mapping and bloom lights
- Polygon optimized model
- Friendly FPS
- IFR certification
- Three models:
- with and without fairings and a mix of both
- Four different paints plus a blank texture
- Maximum details and realistic textures
- Original HQ digital stereo sounds (44100 HZ) recorded from the original aircraft
- GPS 295 installed in the cockpit
- Includes: Interactive virtual cockpit
- Full moving parts: Ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps, rolling wheels and trim tab
- Animated sections such as: doors, sun visor, copilot seat and vibrating antenna
- Lights: Navigation lights, beacons, landing lights
- Transparent windows - 3D modeled pilot and cockpit area
- Many details as: pitot, antennas, chocks, pitot cover, baggage area
- Custom VC panel and gauges
- This model doesn’t have a 2D panel
- Realistic light effects on gauges
- Nightlight effects on panel
- Built-in zoom gauges - Separate switches for instruments lights and dome light
- Toggle yoke at VC
- Full checklist and reference text about the procedures
- Realistic performance - Real behavior compared to the real airplane
- Real weight and balance
- Pilot, copilot and passenger views
Price: USD $ 25.95 [Link]
AS332 Superpuma From Nemeth Designs
Nemeth Designs - Eurocopter AS332 L2 Superpuma
The AS332 Super Puma is a medium-weight helicopter with a large cabin and exceptional lift capability. With excellent power reserves, operational safety level and comfort, the AS332 is well suited for offshore and other civil operations, as well as para-public uses.
A full de-icing system (rotor blades, engine air inlets, stabilizer and windshields) enables flight in known icing conditions, and the Super Puma is equipped for true all-weather IFR operations.
Integrating the latest technologies in safety, aerodynamics, avionics and maintenance, the AS332 has proven to be a worldwide best-seller, with approximately 70 percent of the Super Puma fleet being operated for offshore transport.
For utility work, the Super Puma’s takeoff weight of more than 20,000 lbs. can accommodate heavy loads, and its maximum cargo sling load is 9,920 lbs. Large sliding doors allow the transportation of bulky freight, while the helicopter’s rear access facilitates the handling of long loads. The L2 Super Puma Mk II features a further fuselage stretch permitting a further row of seats, EFIS flight instrumentation, spheriflex rotor heads and longer main rotor blades with parabolic tips.
- Accurate and detailed interior and exterior visual models
- Custom exterior and interior animations
- Fully clickable dynamic virtual cockpit with 3D instruments
- Perfectly flyable from the VC
- Realistic flight dynamics
- Four liveries
- PDF manual
X-Plane Betas & USB Key
Refinements in EGT-modeling. We get closer to redline in redline power and mixture conditions. Refinements in CHT-modeling. CHT should not go to huge negative values when you enter unrealistic values in Plane-Maker.
Better ability to hold position on the runway under high power settings, if the real plane would have the braking ability to do so.
Flight path should plot in the proper place in the weather-map in the set-weather window.
If the localizer fails on a localizer or ILS with DME, the DME will continue to broadcast, as in reality.
If you are in approach mode and hit the APR button, it will drop you out of all approach modes, as in reality.
New button in Plane-Maker to enter the number of degrees off that the autopilot will auto-select back-course on. Enter 0 to not auto-select back-course.
X-Squawkbox works again!
A number of odd graphical artifacts fixed.
You can now select buses for all systems in the amperage-selection screen in Plane-Maker... You could not select the amperage for a few systems before.
Autopilot can be set to auto-load the current altitude into the altitude pre-select window, or not, in the Systems page of Plane-Maker.
Spoiler deflection limits should now be perfectly respected.
UI should always be visible... it was sometime a hair dark, or very dark, or red at night. We now just keep it the same no matter the lighting conditions to be a bit more consistent. Can anyone find any case where any bit of the user-interface is improperly-colored at night?
A few more electrical-system details ironed out.
King-Air and a number of other planes should function normally that had an electrical-system glitch in beta-2.
Mouse-wheel throttle should not conflict with joystick throttles any more
Brakes should hold the plane back a bit better during runups, etc.
The trim-deflection time is entered in Plane-Maker in seconds, rather than ratio, so we all understand exactly what it means. This lets you do a better job of acf-design: Measure the time it takes the trim to move full-distance from one extreme to the other and enter that in Plane-Maker to get the perfect trim speed.
New feature in Plane-Maker Equipment Options screen: all engines: Shut off fuel when prop control at minimum! Check this to have the fuel to the engine shut off when the prop control is pulled back to minimum. This is used on some turboprop aircraft.
New autopilot altitude-warning options. Check out the Systems window in Plane-Maker to see them all. Basically, you can have the X-Plane autopilot beep at various altitude warnings or excursions.
Airports with old runways won't appear incorrectly oriented or mis-sized.
New datarefs for additional failures and glide-slope detection.
X-Plane Level 1 USB Key?
OK a number of people are tired of having an X-Plane DVD in the drive for copy protection. SOOOOOOO, I have introduced a new product for you: The level-1 X-Plane USB key. When X-Plane finds this USB key in a USB slot, it will NOT check for a DVD, but instead accept the USB key as proof-of-purchase. The keys are only $29, so I am making this affordable. Get the new X-Plane level-1 USB key from the X-Plane store. http://www.x-plane.com/pg_store.html
News from FlightSimDaily.
$100 Hamburger Xtreme: Black Dog Run Mission
Eric: CrashPlan - Free Data Backup Software. Everyone back up your data!!!
Danton: Instant Mission Maker (Featured in the Mission above!) - $29.95
P.S. Mark also wants to let everyone know that there is new X-Plane scenery by the same folks who do the X-Plane Inside Passage scenery, check out their Canadian Rockies scenery here!
More X-Plane Tuning from Ben!
Thanks again Ben!!