SimFlight 2009 Award Results In
AirHauler 10 Day Trial Released
The demo is limited to 10 days of use and includes almost all the features of the full release version.
It won't let you install add-on aircraft and scenery into Air Hauler, use AI pilots or upload your company statistics to the Air Hauler Portal, but otherwise includes almost all the many flexible features which have made the full program such a hit.
Thorsten Reichert, Scenery Designer & Mission Designer for Aerosoft Joins Us
A huge thanks to Thorsten for spending a little more than an hour with us, he tells us about his background of devloping for Flight Simulator, and the process of creating scenery and mission addons for FS. He has been a part of almost too many addons to name, but a few of them include African Airstrip Adventures, Flight Tales, and Bush Hawk XP!
You can also check out some of Thorsten's Freeware work here, and it has come to out attention that if would like to help with the recent Drought problems that have risen up in Kenya, you can help out by donating to the Kenya Red Cross.
FSBreak's Mission Design Contest
As a side contest, we're announcing the Mission Design/Mission Concept contest!
In this contest, you will do as much as you can twards designing the concept of a mission for FSX. This can include:
- Ideas for missions
- Story Lines for missions
- Flow Chart/Chain of Events for a mission
- Photos/Screenshot Samples
- You can even recommend scenery and/or aircraft for your mission
You can do as little or as much as you want, but the more complete your mission is the higher chance you have in winning!
- 1st Place: TWO (2) items from Aerosoft's Online Shop, you are able to select any two products as long as they are in electronic/downloadable form. (IE, No Boxed Products)
- 2nd Place: ONE (1) item from Aerosoft's Online Shop, again electronic delivery only.
A HUGE thanks to Aerosoft for sponsoring the prizes for this contest!
- You have until October 28th at Midnight, winners announced Episode 41, November 4th.
Also, there is a chance that if you mission is interesting enough, Thorsten may consider coding the mission for you and releasing it as FreeWare!
FOR FULL/UPDATED DETAILS, AND INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO ENTER... Please see this link to our forum!
Eric: The "New to the Show" section at the top of the FSBreak website for my personal picks of episodes to start out with if you're a new listener.
Brendan: HDE - High Def Cloud Textures for FS2004.
Danton: Scenery Tech's African Landclass - Replacement land class areas for Africa to make the default textures look MUCH more complex and much better.
Jordan: Wilco "E-Jet" series - Embraer 170/190 Addon
ZLA $100 Hamburger Screenshot Contest
If you are a regular to the forums, you will have seen a chance for a small reward for posting a screnshot of our recent Swarm event. Congradulations to 'FSXHD' and his screenshot of LAX in the Mini-Route!
E-Mail: Graham has some SquawkBox Tips
Good show Sir! I'm really sorry that I couldn't do the ZLA swarm this year. It sounds like I missed a great event.
Anyway, couple of things: you recommended QuteScoop, did you know that is is an offshoot of Dolomynum (for Windows) http://dlnm.net
Also, for SquawkBox users, there is some documentation on the website about the dot commands but for your info, here they are (they are a great time saver)
- .msg callsign message (send private message)
- .info ATCcallsign (get info from ATC callsign)
- .com1 frequency (set com1 to the frequency)
- .com2 frequency (set com2 to the frequency)
- .x nnnn (set transponder to nnnn)
- .metar ICAO (get weather for airport ICAO code)
- .wx ICAO (set weather to weajher for airport ICAO)