Interview with Dhruv Kalra and Alex Unruh of XP Jets Simulations
Check out XP Jets here!
Amazon Hamburger Flight
New Simulator Coming
Dvir Cohen Julius of Sim Giants writes that... I am happy to announce that Sim Giants will develop a flight simulator game. We started to develop the simulator and it will be ready late 2011 (yes, it’s far) but I thought it will be nice to announce this fantastic release...
- 1) Official development started on Feb 1 2010 after half a year of lawyers, recruiting staff, designs etc.
- 2) The simulator is stand alone simulator, no relations to MS flight simulator.
- 3) The simulator will be cross platform, Windows, Mac and will have support for Iphone also or any future product supported by Apple.
- 4) The simulator will contain SDK for 3rd developers and artiest.
- 5) Release date is about late 2011.
- 6) The simulator will support civilian airports and aircrafts, amazing graphics, best performance, multiplayer support and tons of options.
- 7) The simulator bundle will include few software for developers to develop their dreams and compile it for using with Sim Giants Simulator.”
Aerosoft also drops more news on the Aerosoft
Been a tough week. After the Conference last weekend (big success in every possible way), we needed a few days to get all the hardware back our offices and connected, some of us had car troubles and were offline a few days unexpected. So forgive us for being not too active with news this week. All is back on schedule now and we got some good news for you. First of all about a possible new simulator. You know we had several meeting about this over the weekend and we promised to give you some more details. Well we are still not saying it is 100% sure but for sure we made great progress towards Aerosoft Flight Simulator 2012 (that title is provisory for now btw). A lot more pieces are in place now and we are officially investing money in it now. So from a plan it has grown into a project. And we all invite you to give your comments!
New X-Plane Scenery
It is with great excitement that we are ready to release more info on our upcoming Northern California release. This release will be the first dubbed as a RealScenery Enhanced product. In brief, our Enhanced series of sceneries will introduce many new and exciting features (many of which have been long time requests). Here's what you can expect in RealScenery Enhanced products:
- Airport/Runway/Taxiway alignment - All airports within Enhanced packages will now line up right over the imagery!
- Night lighting - As has been seen here in some earlier previews, Enhanced products will include night lighting produced by our own custom software to match the underlying terrain. This includes, but not limited to: Roads, Sports Parks, Parking Lots, proper differentiation between urban and rural areas, and more!
- Road Alignment - We have gone the extra distance here and created custom roads that are extremely accurate to true life, and we have enabled it so the underlying imagery is the road surface you see. No more flickering roads...just a lot of cars, and very little FPS impact...go ahead and crank up those roads to "Totally Insane!"...you know you want to!
Screenshots, for more click here!
VATSIM Refreshes Website!
Eric: FSX HDR Plugin
These three links for more details...
Here are the settings Chris was talking about...
Screenshot Comparison: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=25125&view=findpost&p=157139
E-Mails and Voicemails
Two great Freeware Recommendations from Alan
I just wanted to give a quick recommendation to a couple of freeware aircraft which have recently been released.
De Havilland Tiger Moth http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1012
Beech Bonanza V Tail http://www.simviation.com/simviation/?type=item&ID=61&page=30
Both are FSX native and are of excellent quality. I highly recommend checking them out.
E-mail from Josh
I have flown on FSX and it looks too cartoon"ish" and unrealistic. So I disagree with Mark. With all of the add-on's that I have for FS9 on top of FS Global 2010, U.T, REX2004 and GE Pro; in my own opinion, FS9 looks alot better and realistic looking then FSX.