We ask Chester Kennedy, Lockheed Martin's VP of Engineering, Global Training & Logistics all about Prepar3D. Including the path from Microsoft to Lockheed Martin, additions made to the simulator, and more! To get all of the information listen to this week's show.
Orbx Releases Portland Scenery as Freeware
Orbx's Portland Cityscape, for free!!
On a side note, currently Orbx FTX AU Boxed edition is half price on SimMarket.
Weapon for FSX from Captain Sim
Whether we like it or not but weapon is one of the key parts of the real world: si vis pacem, para bellum. MS Flight Simulator always was lacking that part. But not anymore! Captain Sim Weapon for FSX is the first and the only true combat expansion ever made for any version of MS Flight Simulator.
The Weapon is not just a modification for some specific aircraft.
The key feature of the product is to work with any FSX aircraft/rotorcraft.
- Free flight, no missions required
- Strikes air, ground and sea traffic
- DirectX 9/10 compatible
Weapon control panel
- 2D panel provides total system control on any FSX aircraft/rotorcraft.
- 100% supported by keyboard assignments
- Air-to-Sir and Air-to-Surface modes
- Search mode
- LCOS mode
- Target tracking mode
- Up to 200km range
- Navigation steering mode
- TACAN steering mode
- ILS Steering mode
- Search mode
- LCOS mode
- IR seeker mode
- IR tracking mode
- Radar tracking mode
- 2D and VC versions
- VC collimation *
- VC auto-calibration
- Supports full range of FSX zoom (from 0.30 to unlimited)
- Clear GDI graphics
- M60C gun
- GSH-30 cannon
- M61 Vulcan cannon
- Hydra 70 rockets
- Zuni 127 rockets
- AIM-7E Sparrow III
- AIM-9 Sidewinder
- AIM-132 ASRAAM
- AGM-88 HARM
- AS.34 Kormoran
- Expandable to unlimited
Target damage model
- Realistic physics of gradual partial to total damage.
Realistic Weapon physics engine
- Each shot is driven by realistic weapon physics engine.
- Each shot has its own realistic but optimized visual model
- Weapon and target fire, launch, hit, splash and explosion sounds.
- Weapon and target fire, wake, smoke, launch, hit, splash, explosion and damage effects.
- Provides one-click installation to any FSX aircraft/rotorcraft.
Armed versions of F/A-18 or LX-45 aircraft
- Adds one armed aircraft depending on you simulator version (Acceleration or SP2)
Military sceneries and aircraft set
- Nineteen military AI aircraft types provides military operations over ten areas of the world. Expandable.
- System totally supported by editable keyboard assignments.
Unparalleled configuration and modification flexibility
- Unlimited number of weapon types can be added, edited or removed.
- Unlimited number of weapon subtypes can be added, edited or removed.
- Unlimited number of weapon types fire modes (single, dual, custom, auto, unlimited ect) can be added, edited or removed.
- Unlimited number of weapon stores can be added, edited or removed.
- Unlimited number of weapon simobjects can be added, edited or removed.
- All weapon settings are editable.
- All sound settings are editable.
- All visual effects settings are editable.
- All control keys can be reassigned.
See SDK for details.
- Weapon customization for advanced users.
- Weapon integration into third-party projects.
Captain Sim x737 First Looks
LLH Créations Albertville (LFKA)
A great (and low price) little airport, check it out here!
Nemeth Designs News
Also, through Feb. 24th Nemeth Designs will take off 35% off of any model!
Scenerybox for France
Amazing looking scenery/mesh for France, click!
Quality Wings News
787 First Look
The Ultimate BAe146/Avro RJ Collection
Brendan: Pandora: http://www.pandora.com/
This show's news is brought to you by Thomas H, view ALL news for this episode here!