FAA Approves iPad
The Federal Aviation Administration is allowing charter company Executive Jet Management to use Apple’s tablet as an approved alternative to paper charts. The authorization follows three months of rigorous testing and evaluation of the iPad and Mobile TC, a map app developed by aviation chartmaker Jeppesen.
Microsoft Flight Webisode 3
View it here, what does fly for free mean?
Avsim Website Updated
Remember that rant in this week's podcast? Well nevermine, Avsim.com has reverted back to their old design...
US Cities X Cleveland Preview
This is already the 7th city in this series and some people who don't know it city might ask: "Cleveland? Why Cleveland?" Easy: For pilots Cleveland is among the most fascinating cities in the US. Unlike Chicago it still has a Lakefront Airport that is so insanely close to downtown that an approach there offers quite a lot for your eyes. Let it be the Browns Stadium, the Science Museum's wind turbine or the Lakeshore Power plant that are just a few feet from the glideslope or the stunning views at those skyscapers and many bridges crossing the Cuyahoga River. Last but not least the Lakefront Airport is well-known for the annual Cleveland National Air Show that takes place there (see Wiki). Of course that's not all. As with most other US Cities again we have added some more content:
- Aerial image coverage (see attached Google Earth file)
- More than 640 major buildings included
- 33,880 autogen objects placed realistically (still counting...)
- Highly detailed and customized mesh terrain
- Many detailed bridges with traffic crossing the Cuyahoga River + 2 crossing a valley along a Hokins approach
- 4 heliports in good detail
- Major airports in and around the city are covered with new high res ground images with customized mesh terrain (no new building structures added)
- o Burke Lakefront
- o Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
- o Cuyahoga County Airport
- Sound effects like downtown- and highway traffic and animated gulls
- Animated freighter AI ship
- Traffic on most major roads
- Bonus: Perry Nuclear Power Plant with Helipad and animated smoke that turns in wind direction (perfect landmark for VFR flights to and from "US Cities X - Niagara/Buffalo")
- Low price, very good value for money
Some X-Plane 10 Pics!
PMDG 737NGX + Orbx PeopleFlow
FSDreamTeam GSX Preview
Orbx AU Freeware - Murray Island Previewed
Murray Island is a small island of volcanic origin, situated in the eastern section of Torres Strait, near the Great Barrier Reef. The island has a population of around 450. It is a basaltic island formed from an extinct volcano, which was last active over a million years ago. It formed as a result when the Indo-Australian Plate slid over the East Australia hotspot.
It also has a 525m sealed airstrip, and can accommodate up to a Dash 8-300 (apparently)
Orbx Roadmap Updates
Also, AU SP4 and Coffs Harbour w/ People Flow Patches Released
FSN Air Tractor AT802F Fireboss Lite Edition
Get the full story, and download here.
Google Earth Flight Sim Updated to version 0.5
FlightBeam Studios KSFO X Released
RealAir Duke B60 Turbine Now Released